Farm to Fork Approach Adds Fresh Items to Menu at Orlando’s Favorite Tavern
Nothing says spring like freshly harvested garden vegetables. Marlow’s Tavern is welcoming the spring season with new features on the food and drink menus. Marlow’s Tavern executive chef, CEO and co-founder John C. Metz and his research and development director Ben Krawiecki have been listening to their local food sources and experimenting in the kitchen to bring the new palate – and wallet – pleasing plates to the menu.
“New this season, we’re pairing rainbow trout with cauliflower, green beans, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, poke and charred scallions. Our pan-roasted version is incredibly light, a perfect complement for spring patio dining,” says Metz.
Of course, what would spring be without something sumptuous to sip? Thanks to Rick Blumberg, manager of adult beverages for Marlow’s Tavern, guests can taste fresh cocktail concoctions.
“Our guests have always raved about our mojitos,” Blumberg says. “For the spring, we’ve added a blackberry mojito to the menu, combining mint with berry syrup. I have a feeling it’s going to become a tavern favorite.”
Additional new seasonal menu items include:
- Tavern Salad: Shaved fennel, radish, spiced seeds, citrus dressing
- Tuna Nicoise Salad: Large-sliced tuna saku, arugula, roasted tomatoes, green beans, fingerling potatoes, Kalamata olives, sliced egg, chopped parsley, potato sticks, lemonette dressing
- Grilled Chicken Stack: Herb-marinated chicken, served with roasted fingerling potatoes, rosemary, thyme, blistered grape tomatoes, artichokes, baby arugula, green beans lemonette, parslied olive oil
- Black and Blue Steak: Grilled beef tenderloin, Field greens, pickled red onion, tomato carpaccio, crumbled gorgonzola, sliced scallions, gorgonzola dressing
- Fried Banana Split: Phyllo-wrapped banana, panko crusted, vanilla ice cream, chocolate, strawberry & caramel sauces with salted caramel whipped cream
Other additions to the cocktail menu include:
- Pom Collins – Tito’s, PAMA Liqueur, house sour mix, simple syrup, mint leaf, pomegranate seeds
- Southern Charmer – Old Forester, Domaine De Canton, peach, lavender, lemon bitters
Blumberg has also added new wines and beers to their well-stocked portfolio. “Imagine sipping on a glass of Conundrum White Blend or Belleruche Rose with one of the specials our kitchen team has whipped up. I’d say that’s a rather perfect way to spend an afternoon or evening.”